Bronze memorial plaques stolen from Bellingham parks | McClatchy Washington Bureau

×
Sign In
Sign In
    • Customer Service
    • Mobile & Apps
    • Contact Us
    • Newsletters
    • Subscriber Services

    • All White House
    • Russia
    • All Congress
    • Budget
    • All Justice
    • Supreme Court
    • DOJ
    • Criminal Justice
    • All Elections
    • Campaigns
    • Midterms
    • The Influencer Series
    • All Policy
    • National Security
    • Guantanamo
    • Environment
    • Climate
    • Energy
    • Water Rights
    • Guns
    • Poverty
    • Health Care
    • Immigration
    • Trade
    • Civil Rights
    • Agriculture
    • Technology
    • Cybersecurity
    • All Nation & World
    • National
    • Regional
    • The East
    • The West
    • The Midwest
    • The South
    • World
    • Diplomacy
    • Latin America
    • Investigations
  • Podcasts
    • All Opinion
    • Political Cartoons

  • Our Newsrooms

You have viewed all your free articles this month

Subscribe

Or subscribe with your Google account and let Google manage your subscription.

News

Bronze memorial plaques stolen from Bellingham parks

Zoe Fraley - Bellingham Herald

August 04, 2011 10:56 AM

BELLINGHAM - Four bronze plaques have been stolen from local parks this week - including two war memorials - and police are looking for help tracking down anyone involved in the thefts.

Police responded to Memorial Park Monday, Aug. 1, after a park employee discovered three large bronze plaques had been stolen from the park, 2700 King St.

Two bronze plaques measuring 36 inches by 30 inches were stolen from the arched entry. Those plaques list the names of Whatcom County men killed in action during World War I. A plaque of the same size that described the construction of the park was stolen from a concrete planter.

On Tuesday, officers responded to Cornwall Park, 3200 Cornwall Ave., where a bronze plaque describing the construction of Telegraph Road was stolen. The plaque was a little smaller than the others and had been bolted to a large rock.

The thefts may have been done by an individual or a crew of people, probably at night, though they could have been done any time, said Bellingham Police spokesman Mark Young.

Read the complete story at bellinghamherald.com

Read Next

Latest News

Trump administration aims to stop professional baseball deal with Cuba

By Franco Ordoñez

December 29, 2018 02:46 PM

The Trump administration is expected to take steps to block a historic agreement that would allow Cuban baseball players from joining Major League Baseball in the United States without having to defect, according to an official familiar with the discussions.

KEEP READING

MORE NEWS

Congress

’I’m not a softy by any means,’ Clyburn says as he prepares to help lead Democrats

December 28, 2018 09:29 AM

Courts & Crime

Trump will have to nominate 9th Circuit judges all over again in 2019

December 28, 2018 03:00 AM

Investigations

Cell signal puts Cohen outside Prague around time of purported Russian meeting

December 27, 2018 10:36 AM

Congress

Lone senator at the Capitol during shutdown: Kansas Sen. Pat Roberts

December 27, 2018 06:06 PM

Elections

California Republicans fear even bigger trouble ahead for their wounded party

December 27, 2018 09:37 AM

Congress

Does Pat Roberts’ farm bill dealmaking make him an ‘endangered species?’

December 26, 2018 08:02 AM
Take Us With You

Real-time updates and all local stories you want right in the palm of your hand.

McClatchy Washington Bureau App

View Newsletters

Subscriptions
  • Newsletters
Learn More
  • Customer Service
  • Securely Share News Tips
  • Contact Us
Advertising
  • Advertise With Us
Copyright
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service