Gulfport's Coast Guard officer under investigation | McClatchy Washington Bureau

×
Sign In
Sign In
    • Customer Service
    • Mobile & Apps
    • Contact Us
    • Newsletters
    • Subscriber Services

    • All White House
    • Russia
    • All Congress
    • Budget
    • All Justice
    • Supreme Court
    • DOJ
    • Criminal Justice
    • All Elections
    • Campaigns
    • Midterms
    • The Influencer Series
    • All Policy
    • National Security
    • Guantanamo
    • Environment
    • Climate
    • Energy
    • Water Rights
    • Guns
    • Poverty
    • Health Care
    • Immigration
    • Trade
    • Civil Rights
    • Agriculture
    • Technology
    • Cybersecurity
    • All Nation & World
    • National
    • Regional
    • The East
    • The West
    • The Midwest
    • The South
    • World
    • Diplomacy
    • Latin America
    • Investigations
  • Podcasts
    • All Opinion
    • Political Cartoons

  • Our Newsrooms

You have viewed all your free articles this month

Subscribe

Or subscribe with your Google account and let Google manage your subscription.

Courts & Crime

Gulfport's Coast Guard officer under investigation

Michael Newsom - Biloxi Sun-Herald

July 21, 2010 01:11 PM

GULFPORT — U.S. Coast Guard officials told the Sun Herald the man who had been in charge of Coast Guard Station Gulfport has been temporarily removed and is under investigation.

Chief Warrant Officer Brandt Martin has been “temporarily relieved for cause” after 8th Coast Guard District Commander Rear Adm. Mary E. Landry had “lost confidence in (Martin’s) ability to lead,” Lt. Suzanne Kerver, District 8 public affairs officer, told the Sun Herald. Kerver said the Coast Guard would not release any specifics about what accusations against Martin it was investigating, and it’s unknown how long the probe will take.

“Nothing is being released for the integrity of the investigation,” Kerver said.

Martin is still a member of the Coast Guard, but he’s been transferred, but she was unsure of his location. A Coast Guard official at Base Support Unit New Orleans told the Sun Herald that Martin is now working there, but Martin didn’t return several messages left for him there. Several U.S. phone listings under his name have been disconnected.

Read the complete story at sunherald.com

Read Next

Courts & Crime

Trump will have to nominate 9th Circuit judges all over again in 2019

By Emily Cadei

December 28, 2018 03:00 AM

President Trump’s three picks to fill 9th Circuit Court vacancies in California didn’t get confirmed in 2018, which means he will have to renominate them next year.

KEEP READING

MORE COURTS & CRIME

Criminal Justice

Ted Cruz rallies conservatives with changes to criminal justice reform plan

December 06, 2018 01:51 PM

Congress

Kamala Harris aide resigns after harassment, retaliation settlement surfaces

December 05, 2018 07:18 PM

Congress

Felons may be back in the hemp farming business

December 05, 2018 04:08 PM

Investigations

‘This may be just the beginning.’ U.S. unveils first criminal charges over Panama Papers

December 04, 2018 07:27 PM

Criminal Justice

How a future Trump Cabinet member gave a serial sex abuser the deal of a lifetime

November 28, 2018 08:00 AM

Criminal Justice

Texas oilman Tim Dunn aims to broaden GOP’s appeal with criminal justice plan

November 20, 2018 04:25 PM
Take Us With You

Real-time updates and all local stories you want right in the palm of your hand.

McClatchy Washington Bureau App

View Newsletters

Subscriptions
  • Newsletters
Learn More
  • Customer Service
  • Securely Share News Tips
  • Contact Us
Advertising
  • Advertise With Us
Copyright
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service