Sentencing delayed for man who took nude photos of coeds | McClatchy Washington Bureau

×
Sign In
Sign In
    • Customer Service
    • Mobile & Apps
    • Contact Us
    • Newsletters
    • Subscriber Services

    • All White House
    • Russia
    • All Congress
    • Budget
    • All Justice
    • Supreme Court
    • DOJ
    • Criminal Justice
    • All Elections
    • Campaigns
    • Midterms
    • The Influencer Series
    • All Policy
    • National Security
    • Guantanamo
    • Environment
    • Climate
    • Energy
    • Water Rights
    • Guns
    • Poverty
    • Health Care
    • Immigration
    • Trade
    • Civil Rights
    • Agriculture
    • Technology
    • Cybersecurity
    • All Nation & World
    • National
    • Regional
    • The East
    • The West
    • The Midwest
    • The South
    • World
    • Diplomacy
    • Latin America
    • Investigations
  • Podcasts
    • All Opinion
    • Political Cartoons

  • Our Newsrooms

You have viewed all your free articles this month

Subscribe

Or subscribe with your Google account and let Google manage your subscription.

Courts & Crime

Sentencing delayed for man who took nude photos of coeds

Josh Kegley - Lexington Herald-Leader

December 11, 2010 03:40 PM

LEXINGTON, Ky — The sentencing of a former Lexington businessman accused of taking nude photographs of University of Kentucky students without their permission was rescheduled Friday.

Terry Alan Grossman, owner of the now-defunct Mad Hatter hat shop, is now scheduled to be sentenced Jan. 28. He was slated to be sentenced Friday after pleading guilty in September to 12 counts of voyeurism and one count each of second-degree burglary, receiving stolen property and possession of burglary tools.

Grossman, 55, was arrested in mid-December after police said he tried to break into the Crescent Avenue home of several female UK students he had previously recorded. While out on bond, Grossman was charged with receiving stolen property for allegedly driving a stolen car. He was indicted by a grand jury in February.

As part of a plea deal, prosecutors recommended Grossman, 55, be sentenced to 10 years in prison on the felony burglary charge and 12 months on each of the other 14 charges, which are misdemeanors.

One of Grossman's attorneys, Fred Peters, said the case was continued to allow Fayette Circuit Judge Thomas Clark time to view reports and evaluations related to the case.

Read Next

Courts & Crime

Trump will have to nominate 9th Circuit judges all over again in 2019

By Emily Cadei

December 28, 2018 03:00 AM

President Trump’s three picks to fill 9th Circuit Court vacancies in California didn’t get confirmed in 2018, which means he will have to renominate them next year.

KEEP READING

MORE COURTS & CRIME

Criminal Justice

Ted Cruz rallies conservatives with changes to criminal justice reform plan

December 06, 2018 01:51 PM

Congress

Kamala Harris aide resigns after harassment, retaliation settlement surfaces

December 05, 2018 07:18 PM

Congress

Felons may be back in the hemp farming business

December 05, 2018 04:08 PM

Investigations

‘This may be just the beginning.’ U.S. unveils first criminal charges over Panama Papers

December 04, 2018 07:27 PM

Criminal Justice

How a future Trump Cabinet member gave a serial sex abuser the deal of a lifetime

November 28, 2018 08:00 AM

Criminal Justice

Texas oilman Tim Dunn aims to broaden GOP’s appeal with criminal justice plan

November 20, 2018 04:25 PM
Take Us With You

Real-time updates and all local stories you want right in the palm of your hand.

McClatchy Washington Bureau App

View Newsletters

Subscriptions
  • Newsletters
Learn More
  • Customer Service
  • Securely Share News Tips
  • Contact Us
Advertising
  • Advertise With Us
Copyright
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service