Actress Suzanne Somers takes stand in food preparation case | McClatchy Washington Bureau

×
Sign In
Sign In
    • Customer Service
    • Mobile & Apps
    • Contact Us
    • Newsletters
    • Subscriber Services

    • All White House
    • Russia
    • All Congress
    • Budget
    • All Justice
    • Supreme Court
    • DOJ
    • Criminal Justice
    • All Elections
    • Campaigns
    • Midterms
    • The Influencer Series
    • All Policy
    • National Security
    • Guantanamo
    • Environment
    • Climate
    • Energy
    • Water Rights
    • Guns
    • Poverty
    • Health Care
    • Immigration
    • Trade
    • Civil Rights
    • Agriculture
    • Technology
    • Cybersecurity
    • All Nation & World
    • National
    • Regional
    • The East
    • The West
    • The Midwest
    • The South
    • World
    • Diplomacy
    • Latin America
    • Investigations
  • Podcasts
    • All Opinion
    • Political Cartoons

  • Our Newsrooms

You have viewed all your free articles this month

Subscribe

Or subscribe with your Google account and let Google manage your subscription.

Courts & Crime

Actress Suzanne Somers takes stand in food preparation case

Jennifer Hewlett - Lexington Herald-Leader

January 26, 2011 02:01 PM

Actress Suzanne Somers took the stand Wednesday to defend herself in a trial involving a failed do-it-yourself meal-preparation business that bore her name.

During testimony Wednesday, Somers also took up for her husband, who on Tuesday was on the receiving end of some critical comments by former Kentucky Gov. John Y. Brown.

Somers is the target of a lawsuit filed by Louisville businessman and attorney John Shannon Bouchillon, who is seeking to recover $400,000 he invested in the failed Suzanne's Kitchen, which had a flagship store in Lexington from late 2006 to early 2007. He says he was not told the truth before or after he invested. Somers' name and likeness were used to brand the business; Brown ran the company. Initially, Brown was one of the defendants in the suit, but he was dismissed as a party in the case last week at Bouchillon's request

Read the complete story at kentucky.com

Read Next

Courts & Crime

Trump will have to nominate 9th Circuit judges all over again in 2019

By Emily Cadei

December 28, 2018 03:00 AM

President Trump’s three picks to fill 9th Circuit Court vacancies in California didn’t get confirmed in 2018, which means he will have to renominate them next year.

KEEP READING

MORE COURTS & CRIME

Criminal Justice

Ted Cruz rallies conservatives with changes to criminal justice reform plan

December 06, 2018 01:51 PM

Congress

Kamala Harris aide resigns after harassment, retaliation settlement surfaces

December 05, 2018 07:18 PM

Congress

Felons may be back in the hemp farming business

December 05, 2018 04:08 PM

Investigations

‘This may be just the beginning.’ U.S. unveils first criminal charges over Panama Papers

December 04, 2018 07:27 PM

Criminal Justice

How a future Trump Cabinet member gave a serial sex abuser the deal of a lifetime

November 28, 2018 08:00 AM

Criminal Justice

Texas oilman Tim Dunn aims to broaden GOP’s appeal with criminal justice plan

November 20, 2018 04:25 PM
Take Us With You

Real-time updates and all local stories you want right in the palm of your hand.

McClatchy Washington Bureau App

View Newsletters

Subscriptions
  • Newsletters
Learn More
  • Customer Service
  • Securely Share News Tips
  • Contact Us
Advertising
  • Advertise With Us
Copyright
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service