A 49-year-old Anchorage man offered earlier this month to rekindle a relationship with a former girlfriend -- but only if she would let him have sex with her 14-year-old daughter, police said Monday.
Instead, the woman called police and agreed to set up a sting to trap him.
Now Ralph Hernandez is jailed on charges of attempted sexual abuse involving the teenager and two counts of first-degree sexual abuse of a minor for separate assaults involving a 9-year-old girl.
And it's not the first time he's been in this sort of trouble.
In 2007, police said, he drugged his then-girlfriend's 16-year-old daughter and, as she slept, took pictures of the teen unclothed and him touching her. But charges in that case were dropped two days after being filed.
According to the charging document in the new case, the 2007 case appeared to have been dismissed because Hernandez destroyed the evidence by deleting the images from his digital camera.
That girl's mother had found the pictures on Hernandez' digital camera but he grabbed the camera from her hands, a police detective said.
Police say new charges could still be brought in that case.
Read the complete story at adn.com