Tommy Jordan, the Stanly County father who responded to his teen-age daughter's Facebook rant with an eight-minute YouTube rant of his own, says he is preparing to "move on" with his life.
We use the word "says" guardedly, because Jordan has declined -- throughout the six-day whirlwind of publicity resulting from a YouTube post that has garnered almost 22 million hits -- to speak with the media.
Instead, he is doing what his 15-year-old daughter did when she complained that her parents had turned her into a slave by requiring her to do chores -- he's circumventing the media and communicating to his followers and detractors with Facebook.
In a recent post late Monday night, Jordan said, "In a couple of days, whether the world at large has moved on or not, I'm going to."Jordan, who lives outside the Albemarle city limits, became a world-wide sensation last week when he posted the YouTube video in which he answered his daughter's complaints and finished by using a handgun to pepper the girl's laptop computer with bullets.
The video went viral, and it brought news media from around the country to Jordan's house.
Read the complete story at charlotteobserver.com