vMODESTO -- The sole survivor of Saturday's triple homicide in an east Modesto home had been held hostage and beaten by her boyfriend about a month before the shootings, family members said Sunday.
They said the 18-year-old woman hid in the closet when Saturday's shootings took place. They said she called 911 about 3:40 a.m.
Police found Edward Reinig, 31, Alyxandria Tellez, 19, and David Siebels, 16, dead inside the home in the 700 block of North McClure Road near Creekside Golf Course.
Modesto police Lt. Rick Armendariz, a department spokesman, confirmed Sunday that someone inside the home called 911 and that person was not injured.
The family members — a relative of Siebels and a relative of Reinig — spoke on condition of anonymity because they fear retaliation from the killer or killers.
The Bee is not identifying the 18-year-old woman because she is alleged to have been the victim of domestic violence Jan. 27 through Feb. 5 in Ceres. Ceres police arrested her boyfriend and one of his friends in connection with that incident.
Ceres police said that the boyfriend hit the 18-year-old, burned her with a lighter and threatened her with a gun. The boyfriend and his friend reportedly used masking tape to bind her arms and legs and talked about how to dispose of her body. Police said they also made threats about harming her family.
Read the complete story at modbee.com