The United States said Tuesday it had sent three Guantanamo detainees to the Republic of Georgia, but declined to name them.
Moreover, the United States did not make clear whether the men, who had been approved for transfer by an Obama administration task force, were sent there for resettlement or for continued detention.
Instead, the Department of Justice said simply that ``three detainees have been transferred from the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay to the custody and control of Georgia.''
The transfer lowered to 185 the number of foreign men held captive at the remote U.S. Navy base in Guantanamo. Of the several dozen sent away during the Obama administration, two men were sent to Italy for trial.
Read the complete story at miamiherald.com