Bank of America cuts Charlotte 'video wall' | McClatchy Washington Bureau

×
Sign In
Sign In
    • Customer Service
    • Mobile & Apps
    • Contact Us
    • Newsletters
    • Subscriber Services

    • All White House
    • Russia
    • All Congress
    • Budget
    • All Justice
    • Supreme Court
    • DOJ
    • Criminal Justice
    • All Elections
    • Campaigns
    • Midterms
    • The Influencer Series
    • All Policy
    • National Security
    • Guantanamo
    • Environment
    • Climate
    • Energy
    • Water Rights
    • Guns
    • Poverty
    • Health Care
    • Immigration
    • Trade
    • Civil Rights
    • Agriculture
    • Technology
    • Cybersecurity
    • All Nation & World
    • National
    • Regional
    • The East
    • The West
    • The Midwest
    • The South
    • World
    • Diplomacy
    • Latin America
    • Investigations
  • Podcasts
    • All Opinion
    • Political Cartoons

  • Our Newsrooms

You have viewed all your free articles this month

Subscribe

Or subscribe with your Google account and let Google manage your subscription.

Economy

Bank of America cuts Charlotte 'video wall'

Rick Rothacker - Charlotte Observer

January 07, 2011 12:58 PM

Workers in Bank of America Corp.'s new uptown tower won't be getting a light show after all.

After beginning construction last year, the Charlotte bank has decided to abandon a proposed "video wall" that would have projected colorful images inside 1 Bank of America Center and onto neighboring College Street.

The wall - about 38 feet by 42 feet - was going to be installed next to an exterior glass wall inside the "Urban Garden" that connects the 32-story office tower and the Ritz-Carlton hotel.

"We concluded that the video wall would detract from the Urban Garden and therefore will not move forward with completion of the project," spokeswoman Kelli Cishek said. The bank is "thrilled" with the building, the garden and the lobby area, she said.

The wall, composed of 60,480 LED bulbs per side, was originally expected to be completed by the end of September. Bank of America hasn't disclosed the cost of the project, but said it was part of the $540 million price tag for the building, hotel and Founders Hall renovation.

Read the complete story at charlotteobserver.com

Read Next

Video media Created with Sketch.

Policy

Are Muslim-owned accounts being singled out by big banks ?

By Kevin G. Hall and

Rob Wile

December 17, 2018 07:00 AM

Despite outcry several years ago, U.S. banks are back in the spotlight as more Muslim customers say they’ve had accounts frozen and/or closed with no explanation given. Is it discrimination or bank prudence?

KEEP READING

MORE ECONOMY

National

The lights are back on, but after $3.2B will Puerto Rico’s grid survive another storm?

September 20, 2018 07:00 AM

Investigations

Title-pawn shops ‘keep poor people poor.’ Who’s protecting Georgians from debt traps?

September 20, 2018 12:05 PM

Agriculture

Citrus disease could kill California industry if Congress slows research, growers warn

September 11, 2018 03:01 AM

Politics & Government

The GOP’s new attack: Democrats wants to ‘end’ Medicare

September 07, 2018 05:00 AM

Economy

KS congressman: Farmers are ‘such great patriots’ they’ll ride out Trump trade woes

August 30, 2018 02:17 PM

Midterms

Democrats’ fall strategy: Stop talking Trump

August 24, 2018 05:00 AM
Take Us With You

Real-time updates and all local stories you want right in the palm of your hand.

McClatchy Washington Bureau App

View Newsletters

Subscriptions
  • Newsletters
Learn More
  • Customer Service
  • Securely Share News Tips
  • Contact Us
Advertising
  • Advertise With Us
Copyright
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service