President Donald Trump speaks on the phone with Russian President Vladimir Putin, Saturday, Jan. 28, 2017, in the Oval Office at the White House in Washington. Andrew Harnik AP
">

Per the New York Times, several prominent Muslim countries in the Middle East have indeed remained silent as other European nations issued denunciations of the order. Trump has spoken with the heads of state of both Saudi Arabia and Egypt since the order, but neither has issued a public statement on the order. It is unknown if Trump’s tweet means they privately expressed their support to him.

Meanwhile, Iraq and Iran, two countries affected by the order, have issued fierce criticisms of the ban, with Iran even going so far as to ban Americans from entering the country until the order is lifted.

Interestingly, Trump used the word “ban” to refer to his executive order in the tweet, despite the White House’s criticism of the news media for using the term to describe the action.

“It's not a Muslim ban. It's not a travel ban,” White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer told reporters Tuesday. “It's a vetting system to keep America safe.”

When pressed why Trump had used the word himself in previous tweets, Spicer said he was simply “using the words the media was using.”

Trump later tweeted about the controversy.

“Everybody is arguing whether or not it is a BAN. Call it what you want, it is about keeping bad people (with bad intentions) out of country!” he said.

In his third tweet, Trump specifically railed against a Seattle judge’s ruling that temporarily halted the enforcement of the ban, referring to James Robart as “this so-called judge.”

February 4, 2017